IPTV Decoder with RS-232 and IR TV Control
Contemporary Research’s latest IPTV decoder with incorporated display control, the QIP-DVX IPTV Decoder/Controller offers display control functionality through RS-232 or IR. The unit is part of a family of products from Contemporary Research that can be used to form an end-to-end IPTV distribution system with control.
The decoder is compatible with unicast or multicast UDP and RTP IPTV streams and will accept MPEG2 or H.264 single program or multiple program transport streams. A channel list of programs is uploaded from a PC running CR Toolbox software. Channel selection, volume, and power may be controlled from the front panel buttons, handheld IR remote, or external control system.
The QIP-DVX IPTV Decoder/Controller can receive commands from an ICE-HE-DXL Display Control Center or Display Express software for channel selection, volume control, power, and display source selection. Power and source selection will be translated to the protocol required for the connected display and transmitted out the RS-232 or IR port.
- HDMI selectable video output resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K or auto
- HDMI embedded AC3, PCM-fixed, or PCM-variable
- SPDIF optical AC3, PCM-fixed, or PCM-variable
- Analog stereo
Setup and Control
- Receives commands from Display Express software or the ICE-HE-DXL display controller over Ethernet for channel selection, volume, and display control
- Channel list loaded or updatable from CR Toolbox
- Channel selection by direct channel entry or channel up/down
- Control via front panel, optional IR remote, web GUI, Display Express software or serial commands from ICE-HE- DXL
- RS-232 or IR for display control
- Setup via On-screen menu, web GUI, serial commands
- Firmware updateable over Ethernet from CR Toolbox