Contemporary Research announced today that "As some of our dealers know, Extron has “retired” its AVT 200HD tuner. Extron has been gracious in recommending our Contemporary Research 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner as a replacement. Actually, we offer two HDTV tuners, so we’ll clarify the features for those unfamiliar with our line."
232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner
This is the most direct replacement featuring:
- Tuning of both analog and digital channels in NTSC, ATSC, and QAM formats
- Simultaneous output of HDMI, Composite and HD RGBHV/Component video; the installer can select either the RGBHV or Component output for use
- Simultaneous audio output via HDMI, SPIDF optical and coax, and stereo audio
- Scales all channels to a constant resolution of 1080i, 720p, 480p or 480i (480i not available on HDMI)
- Accepts RS-232, IP and IR/Wired IR control; up to 9 tuners can be daisy-chained for control from a single RS-232 port
- Onboard Web pages for browser setup and control
- Standard programming modules available from AMX, Crestron, Extron and RTI
- Mounts two-across in a single rack space, optional single and dual rack kits
- Optional RF switch supports dual cable and antenna feeds; tuner can keep a channel list for both feeds
- Front-panel USB port allows firmware updates from the front of the rack
ATSC+SDI HD-SDI Tuner
Includes all the features above, provides a native HD-SDI output that includes embedded audio and closed captioning data.
- HD-SDI output replaces HDMI, includes embedded 708/608 captioning and AC-3/AES audio
- Onboard scaler will keep the SDI output at a fixed resolution: 1080i, 720p, or 480i
- Component and Composite video outputs
Call Contemporary Research Ace at 1-to ask for a free 30 Day Demo or if you are interested in purchasing Contemporary Research product and are a current Extron Dealer.